NWEA MAP Winter Term now available for Grades 2-9 Language, Math and Reading Survey Tests.
A Winter Term has been setup for Grades 2-9 MAP survey testing. Winter Term goes from 12-7-2015 to 2-28-2016. There will not be a specific testing window in the Winter term. All class rosters with teachers have been uploaded and should be up to date as of 12-7-2015. If you have students to test who are enrolled after 12-7-2015, they will need to be added to the NWEA MAP site prior to testing.
THE ASSIGNING OF ACCOMMODATIONS IN MAP DOES NOT CHANGE HOW THE TEST RUNS. HUMANS WILL NEED TO CARRY OUT THE REQUIRED ACCOMMODATIONS.
Two ways to document this:
1. Use the attached form to document accommodations
2. Use MAP testing session to document accommodations
Here are the steps:
Login at https://teach.mapnwea.org
Select: Manage Test Sessions
Click on the "Saved Testing Sessions" bar to show the section
Blank out your name in the Created By and select All Proctors
Select Testing Session and Edit Session
Select Student and Select Assign Accommodations
Please join NWEA Representative Trish Goodyear and Amanda Towerman for a guided tour of key end-of-year reports for teachers and administrators. Examine how growth data can support student achievement and engage students as partners in learning.
During our 60 minute session, we’ll cover:
This webinar is a great wrap-up as you conclude the school year and look at how students, classes and grades within the district are progressing.
In a test session the student status is 'Suspended' and you would like them to begin or resume a test.
To resume the student's test when stuck in 'Suspended':
1. Select the student and from the Select Action menu choose Test Again.
2. The student's status will change to Awaiting Student.
3. The student can now log into the Lockdown Browser and be confirmed by the proctor as normal.
4. When they are confirmed, the proctor will see a new window asking if they want to resume or start over.
A student was testing and an unexpected event happened on the workstation (power outage, Lockdown Browser crashed, etc.). Now the student's status is stuck as "Testing" and the student cannot log back into the test.
To resolve this issue:
1. Select the student in the test session on the proctor computer.
2. Choose Select Action... > Suspend and then OK to confirm that you would like to suspend the test.
3. Select the student again in the test session.
4. Choose Select Action... > Test Again to put the student back to Awaiting Student status.
5. Have the student log back into the test session.
6. Select the student again in the test session.
7. Choose Select Action... > Confirm.
8. At the Confirm Student screen, select Resume Test and then Submit.
9. Student will be able to Start Test to resume testing.
Student stuck in 'confirmed' status on the proctor console:
1. Select the student.
2. Choose Do Not Confirm from the action drop down menu. This will change the student's status back to "Awaiting Student".
3. The student can then log back into the test session and try again.